A streamer has just made you a mod of a Twitch channel and the requirement is to change the title of the stream as soon as possible.
What would you do if you don’t know the trick?
You’d absolutely panic!
To keep yourself away from such panicky situations, we are here to answer the query of how to change the stream title on Twitch as a mod in this guide.
Give it a thorough read as we’ll help you with changing the title of the stream as a mod in not one but in 3 different ways!
- Using PC
- Using Mobile
- Using Streamlabs/OBS
Take a look, without any further ado:
How to Change Stream Title on Twitch as a Mod in 2022?
The process is not complicated, especially if you know your way around Twitch.
Do not worry even if you are a beginner as we are here to help out everyone.
Before we move ahead, let us answer another important question that many mods have in their mind regarding changing the Twitch title:
Can Mods Change Stream Title?
Back in the days, mods alone could not change the title of Twitch streams. Twitch made it compulsory to be an editor in order to change the title effectively.
But, that’s not the case anymore. Mods alone can change the title of the stream using different ways, i.e. Nightbot and using third-party streaming apps such as Streamlabs and OBS.
Now that you know the answer, let’s start with the first method, i.e. changing the stream title as a mod on PC:
How to Change the Twitch Stream Title as a Mod via PC?
There are two ways through which you can successfully change the stream title as a mod, i.e.
- Through Twitch directly and
- Through Nightbot chat command
1. Changing the Stream Title through Twitch
- Log in to your Twitch account and open the live stream accordingly.
- In the chatbox, find the Sword icon available on the bottom left-hand side of the chat. Click on it.
- Up next, click on the Pencil icon, which is available just beside the Game title that’s been played during the stream.
- Right after clicking the Pencil icon, you will see the broadcast option where you can easily change the title of the stream.
- Save all changes and the stream’s title will get updated in a while.
2. Changing Title via Nightbot Chat Command
This option is way easier than the one we discussed above.
But before applying this method, make sure that the channel has a Nightbot activated on it. If not, you can activate it by visiting the Nightbot website.
- Simply go to the chatbox of the live stream and type the command, “!title[space] New title”.
- For instance, if you want to change the title of a gaming stream as a mod, simply write, “!title Playing COD for straight 8 hours” and press enter.
Nightbot will automatically change the title for you within seconds.
How to Change Stream Title as a Mod on Twitch via Mobile?
Changing the stream title as a mod on Twitch mobile app is not possible and that’s the reason you’ll need to run Twitch in desktop mode on a browser.
The methods are applicable both for iOS as well as Android phones, so take a look at them one by one:
1. Changing Stream Title through Nightbot Chat Command
Already mentioned above, you’ll need to open Twitch in desktop mode for that purpose.
From there, just open the live stream and give the !title[space] new title command to the stream as per your will and wish.
Nightbot will change the title of the stream from Android or an iOS device this way.
2. Changing Title via Sword Icon
- Open Twitch on Google Chrome and tap on three dots available on the top right-hand side. This will initiate Twitch in desktop mode.
- Simply open the stream chat in desktop mode, click on the Sword icon, and then the Pencil icon, same as you did while following the method for PC.
- In the broadcast option, change the title of your stream and save the settings for changes to be applied accordingly.
How to Change Title of Twitch Stream as a Mod via Streamlabs or OBS?
If you moderate a channel’s live stream through Streamlabs or OBS, you can utilize these softwares to change the title of the stream.
Follow the steps to change the title:
- Open the Streamlabs OBS software on your PC and hover over the Docks. Here, find and click on stream information.
- The stream information box will now show all info about the stream including Stream Title, Go Live notification, and category of the game.
- Simply click on the Game Title Box and change it to your desired title
- Once you change it, simply click on “Done” and wait for Twitch to update the stream.
In this way, You can change the title and category of the game without any worries.
Also Read: How much is 1000 subs on Twitch?
Frequently Asked Questions:
Changing the title of a stream as a moderator on Twitch is not difficult.
You can use both your PC as well as your mobile phone to change the title of the stream.
The easiest method, however, is to add the title changing command in a chat box to get the title changed within a few seconds.