Streaming has become popular because people like to watch it for entertainment. As you know, Twitch is one of the best platforms for video or online game streaming. Like other platforms, Twitch also needs some devices or protocols for streaming purposes such as capture cards. Capture cards have made the overall streaming procedure easier but what if a person doesn’t have a capture card? Don’t worry! Twitch is a great platform that offers online streaming without a capture card.
If you want to stream switch on Twitch without a capture card, you are at the perfect spot. This short guide will cover how to stream switch on twitch without a capture card and everything relevant you want to know about it. Let’s begin!
What is A Capture Card?
A capture card is a useful device that captures the video streaming or input video from one screen and outputs that video on your PC or laptop. It’s like a screen recording device but with the latest and smart features. You can edit, make changes, or personalize that output video with the help of streaming software.
After that, the video is ready to broadcast to any platform such as Twitter, Facebook, etc. The applications of capture cards are widely common in streaming or consoles. A common example of a capture card is Xbox where you can broadcast your gameplay.
Can You Stream on Nintendo Switch without A Capture Card?
As mentioned above, a capture card plays the role of a recorder and helps to convert the analog signal into digital video. It’s pretty easy to capture the input screen and render it on your pc, laptop, or anywhere you want.
It’s a fact that a capture card is crucial for video streaming. However, there are many alternatives and best secondary solutions for it where you don’t need any capture card. Twitch is also a platform that offers video streaming using a switch but without any kind of capture card. So, the straight answer is: yes, you can stream on a Nintendo switch without a capture card.
What Are The Hardware Requirements For Stream without A Capture Card?
There are no hard and fast requirements to stream without a capture card. However, I recommend you must have the following hardware specifications to stream smoothly.
- Xbox One
- A desktop PC, Laptop, or MAC has a Core i5 processor. It can work on Windows 7, 8, or 10. The 4th generation processor is highly preferable.
- A stable internet connection has a minimum speed of 3MB.
Procedure To Stream Switch on Twitch without A Capture Card
I have tried and tested different streaming methods. Out of several only two methods are found authentic and working for everyone. You don’t need to wander on the internet as I’m here to share both authentic methods with you along with crucial steps. Let’s get deeper into the details!
Method 1: Streaming Switch Using Xbox One
If you already have an Xbox One at your home, this method might be your primary choice. This method is very simple and straightforward as Xbox One already has a built-in capture card.
- Xbox One Console
- Nintendo Switch Dock
- Windows PC/Laptop
- High-quality HDMI Cable
- Streaming App whatever you like
- Make sure you have all the recommended tools and devices.
- First, connect the Dock and Nintendo switch.
- Pick up HDMI cable > Connect HDMI’s one end with Nintendo Switch Dock and the other one with the Xbox console. Make sure you have done the connections properly.
- Power up your Nintendo switch and open the OneGuide app on the console.
- Now it’s time to connect the Xbox console with your PC. Make sure you have the same wifi connection at your home. Connect the console and PC with the same network connection. If you have an Ethernet wire, I recommend you go for an Ethernet connection.
- After that install the Xbox app on your PC and run it. In the application software, choose your Xbox one console. Here you will start seeing the Nintendo Switch screen.
- Further, initiate the Streamlabs OBS and configure the settings according to your hardware devices. Here it will be used to capture the Xbox window.
- Check all the things are set up correctly and press the stream button. Congrats! You have successfully started to stream without a capture card.
Note: If you face any problem in streaming or screen capturing, check all the cable connections and check the internet connection.
Method 2: Stream Switch Using Streamlabs Application
Suppose you don’t have an Xbox One at home, this method will work for you. It’s a highly reliable and universal method for everyone. Let’s check the further details of this easy method.
- Tripod Stand with a mobile mount
- Streamlabs OBS
- First, download and install the Streamlabs software on your smartphone from the app store or play store.
- Open the Streamlabs app and a screen will prompt asking to log in. Enter the secret key to navigate to the account settings.
- Don’t forget to allow the required permissions such as microphone and camera for the Streamlab application.
- After that, choose your display source. Personalize the layout according to your requirements. You can play with text and widgets with this app easily. Navigate to different settings to get the desired layout.
- After all these settings, go to the broadcast settings of the streamlabs. Choose the bitrate and resolution according to your internet connection speed. I usually recommend you go with a 720p resolution at a bitrate of 2500.
- Get up your phone on the tripod and adjust it to a suitable position.
- Check everything again and click on the stream button to start the streaming switch without a capture card successfully.
In conclusion, Twitch is the most incredible platform for video streamers. If you are a streaming enthusiast but don’t have enough money to spend, you can still stream video easily. We have shared the two working and easiest methods to stream switch on twitch without a capture card. We have explained each step and the details of each method. You can use any of the methods that work for you. We hope these methods will make your life easier in your video streaming career.